Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Visit to Mounts Botanical Garden, Part 2

Previously, on this blog: a Visit to Mounts Botanical Garden, Part 1.

Here are the rest of the best pictures from that trip.  Starting with two plants I actually know about.



  Bougainvillea.


I've tried and failed to grow this in Georgia.

On several occasions, too, so it's nice to see a healthy one.






Breadfruit!

Never tried it.


Heard it tastes like potatoes and potatoes = bread somehow.

Click the link to learn more!


As a bonus, can you tell what I edited out of this picture?

(Using Photoshop, of course.)






Closeup of the breadfruit.




Still not resembling bread.










Closeup of the Desert Rose from the last post.


I did change the exposure of this one in Camera Raw, but nothing else was required.


The flower is naturally that pink-to-white gradient.
  
I'm wondering how well it does in deserts considering it rains a heck of a lot in Florida.

...And the link to the Desert Rose up above shows that in an arid environment, it's actually a lot bigger and healthier looking than the ones at the botanical garden.





This is a closeup of the waterfall in the shade garden.

It actually was a lot darker in there than the picture shows.

Changing the exposure in Camera Raw really helped this picture.








Here's a picture of the canopy of the shade garden.


On the edges are a few angel trumpet flowers.












This flower is another that's completely unknown to me.

 It's really unusual, it was one of my favorites.

It's unfortunately easy to tell that I had to do a lot of manipulation to it for it to look anywhere like it should.

The colors are much harsher than I wanted.  Oh well.  Still like the plant enough to post it.

And that's my trip to the Mounts Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach, Florida.  I really liked how they maintained their garden.  There are tons more flowers than what I posted here.

They'd be thrilled to have you visit!  The entrance fee is a $5.00 donation using the honor system.

No comments:

Post a Comment