Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Reining and Dressage, Side by Side



Love, love, love this video. First one I've seen showing Reining and Dressage together where riders switch horses. You can see the dedication and hard work it takes in training both animals. Both disciplines have surprising similarities when shown side by side. Both riders are Austrian, and I think the Western rider started out riding Dressage, but don't quote me on that.

Now this being a western blog, I do appreciate the western horse and rider just a biiiit more.

Hint, guess which horse is swishing its tail all over the place. Not the western horse. And also for once, the western horse doesn't have a blocked tail. Hallelujah.

The other thing I love about this video is the size differences in the horses. When they're sidepassing together, they prove the detractors in both disciplines wrong. I've heard both English and Western riders claim that only a horse of a certain size can sidepass/any other maneuver. Not in this case!

No comments:

Post a Comment