Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Visit to Mounts Botanical Garden, Part 1




 A few weeks ago, I took a few days to visit my family in Palm Beach. 

We took a trip to the Mounts Botanical Gardens, so I could test out the Canon PowerShot S100.



It can save pictures in the Camera Raw format, which helps out tons when editing pictures in Photoshop.





 One small complaint I have about the Mounts Botanical Garden, other than the mosquitoes (I got eaten alive! In February!) is that very few of the plants had plaques telling you what they were.


I'd love it if someone would be able to help me out with some plant names  in the comments.






This is a Desert Rose. I only know that because it actually had a nameplate.



Probably because it's in a pot.


The picture is a bit too bright for my liking but if it wasn't for Camera Raw it would be even worse.








 Hey, a honeybee.  Really happy how this turned out.

I thought the bee would be too small and unnoticeable.

No idea what plant this is.






 This one is a Fire or Mammy Croton.

 I thought it was supposed to be a full sun plant but this one was sitting in the shade garden.











 This one had really soft fuzzy leaves.


I didn't touch it, but I'm just going by how it looks.

Really like how the flowers pop out in the foreground.





 This plant looks like it makes raspberries.

Hint: those aren't raspberries.

I'm a bit disappointed with the blurry foreground but I liked this plant too much to leave out this picture.

The wind was blowing way too hard to get consistently sharp pictures.



 In this picture, if you look closely you can see the sunlight cascading through the trees in the background.


Or its just a glare reflected by the camera.


Either way, it looks pretty.

Still would like to know what plant this is! I've never seen one.


 Okay, enough pictures on this post.  Next post will have the rest.  See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment