Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reminics san Paolo, cowhorse or goathorse?

Reminics San Paolo
Reminics San Paolo

Hello, and welcome to a Georgia Suburban Cowgirl.


This blog is about dealing with horse ownership in the middle of a rapidly growing city in North Georgia - especially when 90% of all horse owners in this region ride dressage or hunter-jumpers.


The picture on the right is of my horse, Paolo.  He's the youngest one I own.  I figured I'd show a baby picture first of when he was adorable.

Who am I kidding, he is still adorable, but he has his moments of ... not being so.



I primarily ride trail horses now, for fun and for my friends who don't have time to ride themselves.  I also own a successful show horse, but that's another post.

I just wanted to take the time to introduce Paolo and the quest to make him into a cow horse. In the middle of dressage country. And suburbia.

And if the way he watches the goats next door is any indication, he'll be pretty cowy.  Heck, he might prefer chasing goats since they have climbing trees in common.

Yes, this horse attempted to climb a tree - a persimmon tree to be exact.  Why this horse likes those super sour persimmons is beyond me.  Last year I caught him rearing up, bracing his front legs on the tree to eat persimmons off of it.

Persimmons are sooo not good for horses.


The property owners didn't want to cut the tree back, so I got to pick off all the fruit (?) he could reach before he could colic/founder/God knows what on them.

He's too big to get up there now, I hope, but the offending tree parts will soon be gone, now that the property owners are tired of their farm vehicles hitting the low branches.


No comments:

Post a Comment